The Mergui archipelago is located in very remote and developing country. In the unfortunate event of a diving emergency, the best care is very far from Kawthaung. The nearestHyperbaric chambers are located in Phuket and Yangon.
Ngwe Saung is also 5-hours drive away from Yangon where the nearest Hyperbaric chamber is.
In order to maximize diving safety, we requires the following:
- All guests must sign a Liability release.
- All diving guests must be certified Scuba Divers and must present a valid Certification Card except Open Water Students while taking the course with us.
- All dives are recreational and are planned within non-decompression limits
- Diving guests who have previously experienced DCS must bring a letter of clearance from their Hyperbaric Doctor.
- An SMB (Surface Marker Buoy) is compulsory, if you do not have your own, we will provide you with a loaner for the duration of the trip.
- Divers are strongly suggested to have dive insurance that covers emergency evacuation.
- Please keep in mind, that your diving insurance covers accidents only within the depth limit of your certification. For Open Water Divers (max. 18m)
- We dive responsibly and respect the marine life. Do not touch anything underwater to avoid negative and undesirable consequences on the reef, marine life and diver..